8230AJ GPS/GNSS Anti-Jam Outdoor AntennaThe Model 8230AJ is a high gain (40 dB) GNSS outdoor antenna. It uses a three-stage low noise amplifier, a mid-section SAW, and a tight pre-filter to protect against saturation by high level sub-harmonics and L-band signals. The Anti-Jam antenna rejects signals for the lower elevation angles – where most of the interference comes from.
Standard or AJ Antenna – Which Should I Use?
The standard antenna sees the entire view of sky, equally receiving signals from satellites at the horizon or the zenith and all points in between. However, there is increasing interference in the GNSS L1 band, whether unintentional from other transmitters like communications towers or intentional from illegal “privacy jammers”. The AJ antenna rejects signals for the lower elevation angles – where most of the interference comes from – and only receives signals from the higher elevation angles where the satellites are. Of course, this reduces the number of satellites the receiver will see, but for the timing application, only a few satellites are needed. Moreover, with multi-constellation receivers, there are an increasing number of satellites available. So you get all the performance in timing accuracy you would get with a standard antenna plus 20 dB or more of interference rejection.
- High bandwidth to receive GNSS signals (GPS L1, GLONASS L1, BeiDou B1, Galileo E1, QZSS L1)
- Unique conical antenna pattern rejects interference from the horizon
- Drop in replacement for the Model 8230 Outdoor Antenna for use in high interference situations
- Uses the same cabling as the current Model 8230 and mounts to the same pipe supports with a new L bracket.
- Designed for harsh environments (IP67 rated)
- High out-of-band rejection
- One-year limited warranty
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.