View the specifications and applications for the newest addition to the Orolia clocks family
The SWaP-C Difference
The mRO-50 Ruggedized is a breakthrough microwave optical double resonance (MODR) low SWaP-C Miniaturized Rubidium Oscillator designed to meet the latest commercial, military and aerospace requirements where time stability and power consumption are critical. It provides a one day holdover below 1µs and a retrace below 1E-10 in a form factor (50.8 x 50.8 x 20mm) that takes up only 51 cc of volume (about one-third of the volume compared to standard rubidiums) and consumes only 0.36W of power, which is about ten times less than existing solutions with similar capabilities.
The mRO-50 Ruggedized Oscillator provides accurate frequency and precise time synchronization to mobile applications, such as military radio-pack systems in GNSS-degraded or denied environments.
Its wide-ranging operating temperature of -40° to +80°C is also ideal for:
- Underwater Applications,
- Military Communications,
- Low Earth Orbit,
- Electronic Warfare,
- Airbornes & Avionics,
More questions? Visit our Atomic Clocks FAQ page.
- Frequency Stability: ADEV : 1s < 4E-11 (Option S)
- Aging (After 30 days): Per day < (option A) 5E-12 / day
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +80°C
- DC power: 0.45W @5V and 0.36W @3.3V (option)
- Cell lifetime/MTBF 10 years/155860 hours at +25°C
- Vibration: 7.7 grms/axis per MIL-STD-810, Fig 514.7E-1, Category 24
- Shock: MIL-STD-202G, Test Condition A, 50g, 11 ms, half sine
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.