SARBE GPS Decoder
SARBE SARFind, the SARBE GPS decoder, provides the user with a position and identity readout of up to 64 individually tracked beacons. SARBE SARFind may be programmed to decode either standard SAR transmissions or Combat mode transmissions.
SARBE SARFind is a ‘Carry On – Carry Off’ unit that incorporates a rechargeable power source providing not less than 18 hours endurance with complete independence from the aircraft power system. Using SARBE SARFind simply involves connecting the integral headset lead to the aircraft communications system.
During operation, the SARBE SARFind front panel display provides the following information about the detected SARBE:
- Beacon Identity.
- Beacon position in Latitude and Longitude.
- Time elapsed since reception of last beacon transmission.
- Time of GPS acquisition by beacon.
An audible alert tone is provided, which sounds when a successful position decode is established. This function may be disabled at any time by operation of the ‘ALARM INHIBIT’ switch.
The front panel display is optically filtered to give best viewing under adverse conditions. The display is NVG compatible.
The SARBE SARFind may be programmed to operate in either SAR or Combat mode. In SAR mode, SARBE SARFind will respond to any SAR coded SARBE transmission. It will not detect or respond to a SARBE operating in the Combat mode.
In Combat mode, the following parameters may be programmed into SARBE SARFind:
- Mission operating code.
- SARBE call signs for up to 64 beacons.
- Single beacon detection (SARBE SARFind will respond to a specific user identity provided the correct mission code is also received).
- Group beacon detection (SARBE SARFind will respond to a specific group of user identities provided the correct mission code is also received).
- Operating Frequency: Audio from standard aircraft receiver
- Input Level: Input level from radio system: 0.5Vpp to 10Vpp
- Input Impedance: Greater than 50KΩ
- Receiver Sensitivity: For successful decode the minimum receiver signal to Noise Ratio is 10dB
- Mission Endurance: Not less than 18 hours
- Built-in test: Comprehensive self test facilities are included
- Weight: 3.5 kilo including battery
- Size: 232mm x 210mm x 91mm
The world’s most critical applications rely on Orolia solutions. Check out some of our case studies, and reach out when you are ready to discuss how Orolia can solve your PNT challenges.
Military Aviation Missions Rely on SecureSync
A military aviation customer needed an ultra-precise, real time network timing and synchronization solution to maintain accurate system…Learn more
Orolia’s GSG-8 GPS/GNSS Simulator Trains Pilots to React to Real-World Situations
Military aviation programs provide standard pilot training to ensure that they can handle fighters, drone swarms and other advanced threats.…Learn more
Precision Timing for Airborne Reconnaissance
The US military needed a time synchronization solution for critical reconnaissance data as part of an aircraft modernization program.Learn more
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.