PTP Grandmaster Overview
As methods of data transfer evolve, so too does the need for increased speed in information transmission.
Precision Time Protocol (PTP), as defined by the IEEE 1588 standard, provides the most advanced method of synchronization over Ethernet networks. Spectracom supports Precision Time Protocol Version 2 (PTP v2) in its SecureSync PTP Grandmaster Clock system. The standard configuration includes up to 6 PTP ports to operate various PTP deployments, allowing for maximum scalability to handle the expansion of your network infrastructure.
- PTP grandmaster 1 GbE port via copper and fiber optic interfaces (SFP module)
- Industry-best ±4ns time stamp resolution (HW time stamping)
- Better than 25 nanosecond time stamp accuracy to UTC
- Supports default, enterprise and telecom PTP profiles
- STL Option - add alternative signals to GPS or GNSS input references to improve resilience, or use STL alone for indoor applications.
- Provides multicast, unicast, and hybrid mode addressing
- Available time code reader/ generator options
- High bandwidth PTP performance
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-T communications port for set-up and management
- Other PTP configurations are available
The world’s most critical applications rely on Orolia solutions. Check out some of our case studies, and reach out when you are ready to discuss how Orolia can solve your PNT challenges.
A Hierarchical Timing Topology Gets a Sporting Chance to Improve This Distributed Network
A live sports broadcasting enterprise with multiple sites and a distributed network was getting its time references via internet time servers,…Learn more
Defense Network Upgrades - Precision Time Synchronization
Orolia was contacted by a global defense infrastructure client to evaluate the obsolescence of its fixed site timing infrastructure, and the…Learn more
Leading Datacenter Chooses SecureSync for Global Timing
A leading enterprise datacenter and collocation provider for some of the world’s largest companies is in the process of performing a global…Learn more
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.