Our digital beam position monitoring system (BPM) based on uTCA technology provides an accurate measure of the beam position in the XY plane defined by the section of the accelerating cavities. It plays a crucial role in the commissioning and operation of the cavities that compose any particle accelerator. In addition to position, thanks to the BPM system it can be measured the spread and the current of the beam as well as the time of flight (TOF). Our solution is tailored on customer needs and take full advantage of our previous expertise on PCIe-S BPM equipment now working with the most advance crate technologies.
- Up to 2 BPM channels (4 x RF inputs per channel)
- Up to 4 analog outputs (0 to 10V)
- One Frequency reference input
- 7 configurable input/outputs TTL connectors
- It can be mounted on two different configurations according to user needs:
- Fits into a stand-alone 19 inch rack
- Fits into a 19 inch rack using 2U height and integrated into a uTCA backplane
- 8 configurable input/outputs M-LVDS lanes through the backplane.
Main performance highlights
- Dynamic range: [-75, 0] dBm
- Position precision < 25um
- Phase precision < 0.1°
- Position, phase and current alarms with response time < 2us.
- Position precision < 250um.
- Phase precision < 1°
Note: these performances are in worst case when receiving signals at -75dBm.
- Continuous and pulsed measuring of the beam position, phase, and current.
- Measures at the fundamental and the first harmonic.
- High precision measures in the range from -75dBm to 0dBm.
- Programmable analog attenuation stage for signal level conditioning prior to digitalization.
- Configurable averaging level in two stages to smooth the measures.
- Generation of alarms in position, phase and current (configurable thresholds).
- Analog outputs for mapping the measures (amplitude, position, phase, current) to an analog signal in the range from 0 to 10V.
- Real time display capabilities.
- Autocalibration capabilities (electronics and cables).
- EPICS control system support and easy user interface
- Postmortem analysis with selectable event triggers and configurable capture parameters. MATLAB, python, CSS/BOY libraries for post processing.
- Compatible with White-Rabbit and IEEE-1588 protocols. Seamless integration into the Timing system for triggering and timestamping control operations.
White Rabbit for Finance
White Rabbit Technology as a GNSS Backup for Defense and Critical Infrastructures
White Rabbit Technologies to enhance 5G capabilities for Mobile Backbone
White Rabbit Technologies to enhance 5G capabilities for Mobile Backbone.Learn more
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.