What is White Rabbit?
White Rabbit is a collaborative project including CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research), GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research and other partners from universities and industry to develop a fully deterministic Ethernet-based network for general purpose data transfer and sub-nanosecond accuracy time transfer.
It provides sub-nanosecond synchronization accuracy, which formerly required dedicated hard-wired timing systems, with the flexibility and modularity of real-time Ethernet networks. A White Rabbit network may be used solely to provide timing and synchronization to a distributed electronic system, or to provide both timing and real-time data transfer.
Orolia has partnered with Seven Solutions to offer White Rabbit technologies to our customers.
- Reduces errors in time transfer with high accuracy phase and frequency time transfer
- Scalable to long distances
- Automatically calibrated links remove any potential offsets from variance between forward and reverse delays
- Easy to integrate into existing network infrastructure
- Utilizes standard Ethernet and extensions to PTP
- Can operate over spare fiber next to existing network links
- Can be multiplexed with data links using WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
Our online communities live and breathe resilient pnt. Join engineers, universities, and the Orolia team in our online forum.